Hampshire County Council
Executive Member - Economic Development Item 1
28 February 2005
SeaBritain 2005 and the VE/VJ 60th Commemorations
Report of the Director of Recreation and Heritage
Contact: Andrew Bateman ext. 5478 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following decisions are sought, that the Executive Member for Economic Development:
i) Supports the involvement of the Tourism Section in both the SeaBritain 2005 and VE/VJ 60th anniversary national initiatives.
ii) Approves the commitment of £10,000 of Tourism Section budget to support SeaBritain activities in 2004/05 and £5,000 in 2005/06.
2.1 Acknowledge and approve the involvement of the Tourism Section in both of these important national initiatives.
2.2 These decisions will support the aims of the Corporate Strategy by
· Building Strong and Safe Communities. They encourage communities to become more aware of the important part played by the county in WWII and the importance of the sea and coastline.
· Maximising life opportunities. They promote participation in learning and increase people's awareness and enjoyment of Hampshire's natural and cultural diversity.
· Stewardship of the environment. They help ensure that Hampshire's characteristic built and natural environments are recognised and encourage effort to manage their protection.
· Achieving economic prosperity. They assist in promoting Hampshire as a location for tourism.
3. Other options considered and rejected
- To not participate in the Commemorations.
4. Conflicts of interest declared by the Decision Maker or other Executive Member consulted
5. Dispensation granted by the Standards Committee
6. Reason(s) for the matter being dealt with if urgent.
Approved by: (signature) Date: (date of decision)
Councillor M Woodhall