TUESDAY 26 JULY, 2005 AT 3.00 p.m(*) (or on the rising of the Finance and General Purposes Committee whichever is the later)
HARLAND ROOM, HAMPSHIRE FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
HEADQUARTERS, LEIGH ROAD, EASTLEIGH (*)
MR. K. RIDOUT
(*) PLEASE NOTE EARLIER THAN PREVIOUSLY NOTIFIED
START TIME AND THE VENUE
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
All Members who believe they have a personal or a prejudicial interest in any matter to be considered at the meeting must declare their personal interest and having regard to the circumstances described in paragraphs 9, 10, 11 and 12 of the Fire Authority's Code of Conduct, consider whether to leave the meeting whilst the matter is discussed. The declaration should be made at the time of the relevant debate.
3. MINUTES (Copy herewith)
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 8 March, 2005.
Pursuant to Standing Order 19, to receive any deputations to this meeting.
5. CONSTITUTIONAL STATUS OF CORPORATE MANAGEMENT TEAM
To consider the report of the Chief Officer and Clerk about the constitutional status of the Corporate Management Team.
6. EXTERNAL AUDIT AND INSPECTION PLAN 2005/06
To consider the Audit Commissions 2005/06 Audit and Inspection Plan in relation to Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service. The Audit Commission have been invited to the meeting to introduce their report.
7. ANNUAL INTERNAL AUDIT OPINION 2004/05 (Report herewith)
To consider the report of the Treasurer about the internal audit opinion for 2004/05.
8. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE POLICY AND CODE OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE - SELF ASSESSMENT PROGRESS REPORT ON COMPLIANCE (Report herewith)
To consider the report of the Chief Officer concerning this matter.
9. PROGRESS REPORT ON DEALING WITH REQUESTS MADE BY THE COMMISSION FOR RACIAL EQUALITY CONCERNING THE AUTHORITY'S RACE EQUALITY SCHEME (Report herewith)
To consider the report of the Chief Officer about progress in dealing with requests made by the Commission for Racial Equality concerning the Authority's Race Equality Scheme.
10. DRAFT STATEMENT OF INTERNAL CONTROL 2004/05
To consider the report of the Chief Officer explaining the actions the Authority is taking to provide financial management assurance.
This agenda is also available on the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service website (click on www.hantsfire.gov.uk) and can be provided on request in large print or Braille or on disk. Contact details are shown above.