Hampshire Treasures

Volume 1 ( Winchester City District)

Page 50 - Chilcomb

Previous page (Volume 1, Page 49) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 49) Next page (Volume 1, Page 51) Next page (Volume 1, Page 51)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
C.17
St. Kilda's. Formerly three cottages. Timber-framed with colourwashed brick infilling. Half-hipped old tile roof to north. Part of south side chalk blocks, with flint studding and hipped thatch roof. Weatherboard barn adjoins house to south.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 507 282
2609 02
Cottage
C.17
The Thatched Cottage. Situated south of Chilcomb Manor. Timber-framed cottage with hipped thatched roof. Colourwashed brick infilling and flint base.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 507 282
2609 04
House
C.18
The Manor House (previously called Chilcombe Farmhouse). Refronting of older building. 2 storeys, brick with boxed eaves. Hipped old tile roof with symmetrical chimneys. 3-bay west front with large 8-pane sash windows.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 507 284
2609 03
Manor House
C.20
Chilcomb Manor. Stuccoed with tile roof. Rebuilt in modern style 1934, after original C.17 manor was destroyed by fire.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 507 283
2609 16
Flint Wall
Flint wall with brick tile coping. Boundary wall to Manor House.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 507 283
2609 05
Granary (Site)
Behind Manor House. Timber and brick structure. Tiled roof. Dismantled and rebuilt at the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum, Singleton.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 507 284
2609 13
Group F - Historical or Literary Associations
Old Telegraph Station (Site)
Summit of Telegraph Hill. Within a plantation.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 523 282
2609 11
Hospital (Site)
St. Mary Magdalen's. Situated north east of The Victoria Isolation Hospital, Alresford Road. Founded 1158 as hospital for lepers and the poor. O.S.A. No. SU52 NW1.     SU 505 293
2609 12
Previous page (Volume 1, Page 49) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 49) Next page (Volume 1, Page 51) Next page (Volume 1, Page 51)