Hampshire Treasures

Volume 1 ( Winchester City District)

Page 191 - Micheldever

Previous page (Volume 1, Page 190) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 190) Next page (Volume 1, Page 192) Next page (Volume 1, Page 192)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
C.19
Orchard Cottage, Duke Street. Brick, rendered. Thatched roof. Extensively altered in 1969.     SU 519 391
2624 121
Cottage
C.19
118, Duke Street. Brick, rendered. Thatched roof.     SU 519 391
2624 120
Cottage
C.19
1 19, Duke Street. Brick, rendered. Thatched roof.     SU 519 391
2624 119
Lodge
C.19
London Lodge, Stratton Park. Pair of pedimented lodges linked by a wall with a central turretted archway with wavy cresting. South front has colonnade of octagonal wooden posts supporting a modified entablature between the lodges and the gateway.     SU 546 422
2624 37
Cottages (2)
C.19
33 and 34, East Stratton. South of East Stratton Farm with driveway off main road. Brick structure. Hipped thatched roof.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 541 399
2624 72
Cottage
C.19
Formerly East Stratton Village School. Colour- washed brick. Old tile roof. Gabled with barge- boards and diamond shafted chimneys. Very picturesque.     SU 541 403
2624 35
Church
C.19
All Saints' Church, East Stratton. Built 1888 by Sir T. G. Jackson in place of old church in Stratton Park. Chalk with flint facing. Chilmark stone dressings.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 541 400
2624 01
Church
C.19
St. Mary the Virgin, Church Street. Foundations Saxon, burnt down 1806 and rebuilt. Tower late Perpendicular with square-headed 4-light belfry windows with pierced stone louvres. Flaxman monument in the chancel. Ref: 1. History of Micheldever, 1924, (Milner). Ref: 2. V.C.H., Vol. 3, pp.393-4.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 512 391
2624 03
Cross
C.19
On site of old church in Stratton Park in a grove of yew trees. O.S.A. No. SU54 SW23.     SU 541 403
2624 133
Church Bells
Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Micheldever. Six bells, earliest dating from 1703. All inscribed. Attract many bell ringers. Ref: History of Micheldever, 1924, (Milner).     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 512 391
2624 90
Wind Pump
North west of Northbrook House and adjacent to the railway line.     SU 509 407
2624 136B
Group E - Street Patterns, Street Furniture and Open Spaces
Seat
In village centre, Micheldever, at junction of Church Street and Duke Street. Given, made and designed by local people. Commemorates a walking club. Erected 1966.     C.A.
SU 513 390
2624 87
Previous page (Volume 1, Page 190) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 190) Next page (Volume 1, Page 192) Next page (Volume 1, Page 192)