Hampshire Treasures

Volume 1 ( Winchester City District)

Page 224 - Old Alresford

Previous page (Volume 1, Page 223) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 223) Next page (Volume 1, Page 225) Next page (Volume 1, Page 225)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Group F - Historical or Literary Associations
Old Workings
Brick Kiln Copse, Bugmore Hill. Believed to be ancient tile workings. Large holes in wood, dug out of heavy clay soil.     SU 592 377
2627 51
House
Old Alresford Place. Once the rectory of St. Mary The Virgin Church. Rev. George Sumner and his wife Mary lived here from 1851-1883. The Mother's Union was founded from this house in 1876.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 588 337
2627 04
Previous page (Volume 1, Page 223) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 223) Next page (Volume 1, Page 225) Next page (Volume 1, Page 225)