Hampshire Treasures

Volume 1 ( Winchester City District)

Page 265 - Southwick and Widley

Previous page (Volume 1, Page 264) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 264) Next page (Volume 1, Page 266) Next page (Volume 1, Page 266)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
C.18
8, High Street. Tiled roof. Brown brick with casement windows.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 626 086
1912 11
Farmhouse
C.18
Hookheath Farmhouse. Red brick, one hipped dormer, hipped tiled roof, doorway with pilasters.     SU 648 081
1912 53
House
C.18
The Old Vicarage. Originally called The Parsonage. Red brick and grey headers, (once painted). Tiled roof, casement windows.     C.A.
SU 621 086
1912 37
Cottage
C.18
32, West Street. Weatherboard facing with hipped thatched roof.     C.A.
SU 624 086
1912 32
Farmhouse
C.18
Mitchellands Farmhouse. Red brick, hipped thatched roof, casement windows, doorway with low rectangular fanlight.     SU 628 098
1912 60
Farmhouse
C.18
Plant Farmhouse. L-shaped, red brick, one hipped dormer, hipped tiled roof, modillion eaves cornice. C.19 additions to the west.     SU 674 090
1912 58
Farmhouse
C.18
Belney Farmhouse. Stuccoed walls, hipped tiled roof, casement windows, doorway with flat hood over on brackets, with a later slate canopy added above.     SU 647 098
1912 59
Cottage
C.18
9, High Street. Tiled roof. Brown brick with casement windows.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 626 086
1912 12
Cottage
C.18
The Rose Cottage, West Street, Southwick. Roof mainly tiled with thatched extension, brick structure. Additions made and roof heightened to provide attics.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 622 086
1912 20
House
C.19
The Elms, Southwick. Brick and rendered structure, slate roof. House of considerable dimensions, now used as estate office to Southwick Estate and occupied by the resident land agent.     C.A.
SU 624 087
1912 64
Mansion House
C.19
Southwick Park. H.M.S. Dryad formerly Southwick House. Rebuilt after a fire in 1838 in the style used by Thomas Cubitt. Slate roof, Roman cement, the ground floor rusticated. Eaves cornice on console brackets. Portico of four Ionic columns. Allied HQ for D Day 1945.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 633 087
1912 24
House
C.19
The Old Estate Office. Originally Steward's house. Estate office and audit room to Southwick Estate. Brick and stone with slate roof.     C.A.
SU 628 085
1912 49
House
C.19
Southwick House. Formerly Purbrook Heath House. Brick rendered and slate. Stuccoed, eaves cornice.     SU 664 082
1912 56
Farmhouse
C.19
Southwick Park Dairy Farm. Originally The Home Farm of Southwick House. Now H.M.S. Dryad. Brick rendered with slate roof.     SU 635 085
1912 99
Previous page (Volume 1, Page 264) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 264) Next page (Volume 1, Page 266) Next page (Volume 1, Page 266)