Hampshire Treasures

Volume 1 ( Winchester City District)

Page 274 - Sparsholt

Previous page (Volume 1, Page 273) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 273) Next page (Volume 1, Page 275) Next page (Volume 1, Page 275)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
C.17
The Cottage, Home Lane. 2 storeys, timber- framed, brick infilling. Was originally thatch now tiled. Originally two cottages, converted to one dwelling in 1920's.     SU 435 313
2631 10
Cottage
C.17
Gate Lodge, Dean House. Brick structure, standing on foundations of early farm buildings.     SU 443 314
2631 20
House
C.17118
The White House. Brick structure, originally a small farmhouse, with cellars. Additions added in 1920's.     SU 433 312
2631 38
Cottages
C.17/18
The Vaine Cottages, Helen and Elizabeth. 2 storeys, brick, tile hung to right hand. Thatched roof with old tile verge. Modern extension at each end of the block with tile roofs. Presented by Sir George Buckston Brown to the National Trust for occupation by the aged of the parish.     SU 434 312
2631 07
Cottage
C.18
Watley Cottage, Lock's Lane. 2 storeys, brick and flint in horizontal bands, hipped thatch roof with flanking chimneys.     SU 437 314
2631 09
House
C.18
Watley House, Lock's Lane. 2 storeys and attic. Colour washed brick, old tile roof carried down to ground floor ceiling level at back. Originally farm house of Watley Farm.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 437 314
2631 03
Cottage
C.18
Corner Cottage. Modernised, 2 storeys. Chequer brick, thatch roof hipped to right hand and carried down over weatherboarded shed.     SU 437 313
2631 08
Farmhouse
C.18
Dean Farmhouse. 2 storeys, brick, hipped slate roof. Doorway with Doric columns and open pediment.     SU 444 311
2631 12
Farmhouse
C.18
Crabwood Farmhouse. Brick structure, built 1713. Modernised, stands adjacent to parish boundary with Hursley.     SU 442 296
2631 36
House
C.18
Deane House. 2 storeys. Brick, hipped slate roof, built 1786. Lead lionhead masks on guttering of roof.     SU 442 313
2631 13
Inn
C.18
The Rack and Manger. Present building circa 1850. Built on site of far earlier house. Known in C.18 as The Deluge. In 1881 it had coach house and large amount of stabling.     SU 420 336
2631 45
House
C.19
Taylor's Mead. Originally the Vicarage. 2 storeys, colour washed brick, flat eaves, hipped slate roof. Rebuilt 1843-4.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 436 312
2631 02
House
C.19
Westley House, Hampshire College of Agriculture. Was the manor house of Westley Manor, probably late Georgian. Known to have been in existence 1845, but is probably older than date stated.     SU 425 321
2631 42
Previous page (Volume 1, Page 273) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 273) Next page (Volume 1, Page 275) Next page (Volume 1, Page 275)