Hampshire Treasures

Volume 1 ( Winchester City District)

Page 291 - Twyford

Previous page (Volume 1, Page 290) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 290) Next page (Volume 1, Page 292) Next page (Volume 1, Page 292)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Trees
Conifers on the corner of Bourne Lane and the A.333.     SU 483 250
2633 86
Tree
A copper beech in the grounds of Leeland House on the A.333.     SU 483 251
2633 87
Trees
Flowering cherries planted along Finches Lane to commemorate the Coronation.     SU 481 245
2633 88
Tree
Lime tree in Hunter Park. The public recreation ground.     SU 483 242
2633 89
Trees
Lime trees in Ballards Close, Finches Lane and the recreation ground.     SU 478 245
2633 90
Tree
A walnut tree in.the grounds of Primrose Cottage, Park Lane.     SU 481 243
2633 92
Tree
Hornbeam in the grounds of Littlebourne, Hazeley Road.     SU 484 246
2633 93
Hedgerow
Hedgerow with thorn trees which are pleasant to view from Footpath No. 8.     SU 478 230
2633 96
Trees
Examples of chestnut, ash, sycamore and beech overhang the A.333 at Colleton House, making an attractive entrance to village from the south.     SU 480 241
2633 97
Woodland
Gabriels Copse. Species include beech, Lawson cypress, and birch, underpianted with spruce, oak and sycamore.     SU 492 237
2633 98
Copse
The Lawns Copse. Mainly hazel trees with some oak, beech and fir.     SU 494 230
2633 99
Trees
A row of walnut trees at Hazeley Farmhouse, Hazeley Road. The trees of different ages, vary in girth from 14ft. to saplings.     SU 501 247
2633 12
Tree
An example of Magnolia Grandiflora beside Brewery House, High Street.     SU 480 243
2633 21
Tree
Churchyard of St. Mary's Church. Reputed to be the oldest clipped yew in the county. Mushroom shaped, with a girth of 13ft.     SU 481 250
2633 01
Trees
Hawthorn (Canadian Canactus) and whitebeam planted in and around the grass field containing a memorial to men stationed at Hazeley Camp, 1914-18.     SU 503 254
2633 71
ltchen Navigation
Part runs southwards through the parish, with a footpath alongside. Pleasant views along the navigation and over the surrounding meadows. Used by barges between 1666 and 1869.     SU 478 265
2633 116
Previous page (Volume 1, Page 290) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 290) Next page (Volume 1, Page 292) Next page (Volume 1, Page 292)