Hampshire Treasures

Volume 1 ( Winchester City District)

Page 318 - West Meon

Previous page (Volume 1, Page 317) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 317) Next page (Volume 1, Page 319) Next page (Volume 1, Page 319)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Farmhouse
C.18
Punsholt Farm. Red brick and grey headers, string course and eaves cornice. Tiled roof. Important in Roman Catholic history.     SU 653 278
1916 37
House
C.18
The Mill House. L-shaped building, the south wing was The Mill House. Red brick, tiled roof. West wing was an outbuilding now incorporated. One of the three mills known to be in West Meon in 1664.     C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 640 239
1916 17
Inn
C.18
The West Meon Hut. Tiled roof, painted brick. Built in two sections. North section of higher elevation than the south with hipped roof and doorway in moulded architrave with hood over. Formerly The George Inn (Old Coaching Inn).     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 649 262
1916 36
Cottage
C.18
West Lodge Cottage. Faced with flints with window dressings. Quoins arid string course of red brick. North wall red brick. Hipped thatched roof with pentice behind.     C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 640 238
1916 21
House
C.18
Sunnyside. Tiled roof. Stuccoed facade. Semi- circular porch at the head of seven steps. Former shop front rebuilt with small window frames in a squared bay, to make a sitting room.     C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 641 240
1916 15
House
C.18
Cleverleys. 2 storeys. Faced with roughcast. Tiled roof. Casement windows.     C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 643 241
1916 29
Inn
C.18
The Red Lion. Tiled roof. Painted brick, string course, two hipped dormers. Large scrolled keystones above ground floor windows.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 640 240
1916 05
House
C.18
The Rectory (marked on map as The Cedars but The Rectory since 1921). Grey headers with red brick, window dressings with quoins. Parapet, hipped tiled roof. Doorway with pilasters.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 643 242
1916 11
Farmhouse
C.18
Whitewool. L-shaped. ProbablytheC.18frontof an older building. Three gabled dormers. Chimney breast in south east wall.     T. & C.P. Act
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 654 214
1916 13
House
C.18
Culverkeys (formerly two cottages). Thatched with three eyebrows. Painted brick. Casement windows with round headed lights. Buttress in the centre of the front.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 640 241
1916 12
House
C.18
Stoney Dene. Cedar shingle roof with three eyebrows. Painted brick or stucco. Casement windows with dripstone over those on the ground floor.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 648 257
1916 35
Dovecote
C.19
Marlands Farm. Brick and flint structure, was formerly a windmill. O.S.A. No. SU62 NW (M) 5.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 645 256
1916 49
Previous page (Volume 1, Page 317) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 317) Next page (Volume 1, Page 319) Next page (Volume 1, Page 319)