Hampshire Treasures

Volume 1 ( Winchester City District)

Page 326 - Wickham

Previous page (Volume 1, Page 325) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 325) Next page (Volume 1, Page 327) Next page (Volume 1, Page 327)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
House
C.18
A. E. Knight, Builders, The Square. Stuccoed, with long and short quoins, modillion eaves cornice, parapet, small shop window. Casement windows to whole of first floor.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 572 115
1917 24B
House
C.18
Lloyds Bank, The Square. Stuccoed, with long and short quoins, modillion eaves cornice, parapet, and small shop window. Casement windows to whole of first floor.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 572 115
1917 24C
House
C.18
Lower Wickham Lodge, Winchester Road. Consists of centre portion and two wings. Red brick, modillion eaves cornice, hipped tiled roof. The wings red brick and grey headers, wooden eaves cornice. Half-hipped tiled roof.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 568 115
1917 33
River Bridge
C.18
Wickham Bridge, Bridge Street. Also called Church Bridge. Two shallow segmental arches, with red brick wall above surmounted by a stone parapet ramped in the centre to contain inscribed stone dated 1792.     C.A.
SU 574 115
1917 05
House
C.18
The Gables, Winchester Road. Red brick with grey headers, tiled roof. Doorway with engaged half -octagonaI panels, flat hood over and door of six moulded panels. To the south west are C.19 additions originally part of the same building, but forming a seperate house known as The Croft.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 571 114
1917 31
House
C.18
Little Park Mansion, Titchfield Lane. Massive building converted into twelve flats. Originally the home of the Mott-Radciyffe's family. Stuccoed, hipped slate roof, shallow porch with engaged Doric columns. To the north of the main building is an L-shaped wing of lower elevation.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 563 119
1917 36
House
C.18
Warwick House, Bridge St., north east side. Painted brick, wooden dentilled eaves cornice, tiled roof. Two door-ways in moulded architrave surrounds. Ref: The Buildings of England; Hants. and I.O.W., (Pevsner and Lloyd), p.655.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 573 115
1917 12D
Building
C.18
Victory Hall, Bridge Street. Originally a Malt House or Brewery converted to village hall in 1921. Tiled roof. Timber-framed, largely refaced with red brick and with grey headers. Once painted.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 574 114
1917 09
House
C.18
North east side of Bridge Street. (Occupied by Land Agents). Grey headers with red brick window dressings and quoins. Parapet, hipped tiled roof.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 574 115
1917 06
Previous page (Volume 1, Page 325) Previous page (Volume 1, Page 325) Next page (Volume 1, Page 327) Next page (Volume 1, Page 327)