Hampshire Treasures

Volume 3 ( Hart and Rushmoor)

Page 14 - Crondall

 Previous page (Volume 3, Page 13) Next page (Volume 3, Page 15)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
House
C.15/16
Greensleeves. Originally three cottages, then two, and until 1951 known as Tudor Cottage. Part reputed to be extremely old. Timber-framed with brick infilling. Old tile roof. Part 1 storey and attic, part 2-storey. Tall gable with elaborate timber-framing and herringbone infill to left hand. Leaded casement windows. Ref: Ordained in Powder, (Butterfield), p.69.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 796 486
2002 18
Cottage
C.16
Verneys, near Swanthorpe House. Timber-framed with brick infilling, rendered and cream painted. Peg-tiled roof. Small paned casement windows. Recently modernised. Barn at rear converted into garage. Vernie Croft mentioned in Crondall Customary of 1567.     SU 785 467
2002 49
House
C.16
Kings Head House, Itchel Lane. 2 storeys. Brick structure. Mainly casement windows. Fireback found in chimney dated 1640, during alterations in 1960. Former inn dating from pre-Civil War. An inn unitl early C.20. Ref: Monastery and Manor, (Butterfield), p.92.     C.A.
SU 793 487
2002 32
Farmhouse
C.16
Green's Farmhouse, Pankridge Street. 2 storeys. Brick structure. Offset eaves. Old tiled roof. 5-bay front. Converted into two cottages C.19. Charles II coin found in roof 1940 when cottages were re-converted into one house. Central panelled door and rectangular fanlight under flat hood. Ref: Crondall Records, (Baigent), p.181.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 796 490
2002 04
House
C.16
Amberley House, Pankridge Street. Brick and partly timber-framed structure. Semi-detached. Only surviving part of a large house destroyed by fire early this century.     C.A.
SU 795 488
2002 92
Building
C.16
The Meeting House, formerly The Meeting Room. 2 storeys. Colourwashed brick. Old tiled roof. Casement windows. Brick circa 1550, restored 1966. Used as Plymouth Brethren meeting room 1900-60. Now a private house.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 794 488
2002 30
House
C.16
Heath House, Ewshot. Oldest part was Elizabethan hunting lodge. Random flint walls 2 ft. thick. Hipped tiled roof. All walls rendered and painted white. C.18 and C.19 rendered flint and brick extensions. Modern metal-farmed diamond paned casements. Once the Dower House of the Clare Park estate. Porch on south side. Cellars with hooks for hanging, and slabs for cutting up game. Ref: 1. Monastery and Manor, (Butterfield). Ref: 2. Ordained in Powder, (Butterfield).     SU 818 494
2002 80
Inn
C.16
The Plume of Feathers, The Boro'. 2 storeys. Timber-framed with brick infilling. Old tiled roof. Half-hipped gable on northwest front, upper part overselling. Similar, but lower 2-storey wing. Southwest front has oversailing upper part. Probably early Elizabethan and the oldest inn in the parish.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 794 488
2002 05
 Previous page (Volume 3, Page 13) Next page (Volume 3, Page 15)