Hampshire Treasures

Volume 3 ( Hart and Rushmoor)

Page 16 - Crondall

 Previous page (Volume 3, Page 15) Next page (Volume 3, Page 17)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
C.17
Glebe Lodge, Dippenhall Street. Timber-framed and brick structure. Old tiled roof. C.19 part next to street. Built on the Glebe Land of the Old Parsonage.     C.A.
SU 796 488
2002 42
House
C.17
The Close, Dippenhall Street. 2 storeys. Brick plinth. Old tiled roof. Four tile hung gables. Sash windows. Altered in C.18. Entrance on north east side.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 796 487
2002 19
House
C.17
Doule's Mead, Heath Lane. Brick and timber- framed structure. Converted from cottage to house circa 1950.     SU 800 486
2002 135
House
C.17
Eastbridge, Pankridge Street. Originally C.16 random flint cottage considerably enlarged and extended. Part 2-storey part 3-storey. Brick walls, rendered and painted cream. Slate roof. Numerous chimneys, and believed to have nearly one hundred windows mostly sash. House has Georgian front and early C.19 wing on south side. Ref: 1. Monastery and Manor, (Butterfield), p.30. Ref: 2. Ancient Manor and Parish of Crondall, (Taylor), p.10.     SU 798 497
2002 77
House
C.17
Mill Lane House, Mill Lane. Brick and tile-hung structure. Restored 1938 and later. Set back in cul-de-sac from main road.     SU 787 503
2002 147
Cottage
C.17
Mill Lane Cottage, Mill Lane. Brick and tile-hung structure. Restored 1938. Date-stone 1653 found during restoration and incorporated into new front wall. Now in cul-de-sac off the A.287 road.     SU 787 503
2002 146
House
C.17
Mill Lane Lodge, Mill Lane. Tile roof. Brick and tile-hung structure. Additions 1938. Extended brick porch encloses front door. Located in cul-de-sac off the A.287 road.     SU 787 503
2002 96
Cottage
C.17
Corner Cottage, Mill Lane. Brick structure. Old tile roof. Formerly two cottages converted circa 1938.     SU 786 503
2002 51
Farmhouse and Out Buildings
Dare's Farmhouse, Odiham Road, Ewshot. 2 storeys. Timber-framed with brick infilling. Peg-tiled roof. Well preserved timber-framed barn. Built at a time when trees from local woods were sent to shipbuilding yards on the coast and wagons returned laden with old ships' timbers, dismantled by shipbreakers, for use in house building. Used in many buildings in Crondall. Ref: The Ewshot Story, (Cross).     SU 804 502
2002 81
Farmhouse
C.17
Seymours Farm, at one time Ewshot Lodge, Ewshot Lane. Timber-framed and brick structure. Victorian front added 1884.     SU 809 503
2002 69
Farmhouse
C.17
Hamptons Farmhouse, Ewshot Lane. Timber- framed and brick structure. Old tiled roof.     SU 812 502
2002 59
 Previous page (Volume 3, Page 15) Next page (Volume 3, Page 17)