Hampshire Treasures

Volume 3 ( Hart and Rushmoor)

Page 145 - Odiham

 Previous page (Volume 3, Page 144) Next page (Volume 3, Page 146)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Stable and store-house in grounds of Wharf House, London Road. Probably built circa 1815. Red brick with tile roof. Oak double door. Partly demolished.     C.A.
SU 746 516
2013 202A
Lift Bridge built 1954 to replace the original timber structure. Hydraulically operated.     C.A.
SU 729 517
2013 198
Swan Bridge. Built 1 930 in red brick, to replace original bridge. New design with skew brick arch.     C.A.
SU 732 517
2013 199
Basingstoke Canal. Opened to link Basingstoke with London, via the River Wey. Commercial traffic ceased 1949. Purchased by Hampshire County Council from Greywell Tunnel to the county border. Restoration work now in hand. Public access the length of the towpath.     C.A.
SU 725 518
2013 186
Laburnum Cottage, Farnham Road. 2 storeys. Ground floor colourwashed brick. First floor tile hung. Old tiled roof. May be C.17.     C.A.
SU 744 511
2013 155
Forge House, King Street/The Bury. 2 storeys. Brick structure. Old tiled roof.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 741 509
2013 83A
Shop and flat adjoining George Hotel. No. 102 and 104, High Street. C.18 front to older structure. 2 storeys and attic. Colourwashed stucco. Old tiled roof continuous with roof of the George Hotel. Moulded frieze with Triglyph ornament. C.18 shop front. Early C.19 pedimented sign board over door.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 740 510
2013 28
Cottages (2)
Roke Farm Cottages. 2 storeys. One timber- framed with brick infilling and the second colourwashed brick. Old tiled roofs.     SU 761 491
2013 169
Lodge Farmhouse. C. 1 8 front to much older buildings, possibly C.15/16. 2 storeys, Brick structure. Half-hipped old tiled roof. Doric porch with two stone columns. Curved dutch gable. Two double C.19 sash windows in first floor. Slightly lower right hand wing. Left hand wing 1-storey and attic. Massive chimneys. Some C.16 panelling. Part of house behind gable former Great Hall. O.S.A. No. SU75 SW10. Ref: Folk Life, Vol. 9, 1971, p.125.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 736 525
2013 95
The Cottage, Mill Corner. 2 storeys. Colour- washed brick. Slate roof.     SU 731 521
2013 141B
Adjoining The Cottage, Mill Corner. 2 storeys. Colourwashed brick walls. Lean-to extension on the east side.     SU 731 521
2013 141C
 Previous page (Volume 3, Page 144) Next page (Volume 3, Page 146)