Hampshire Treasures

Volume 4 ( Winchester)

Page 45 - St Bartholomew

 Previous page (Volume 4, Page 44) Next page (Volume 4, Page 46)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Buildings
C.19
Nos. 25 and 26. Alleyne House and the Prince of Wales Inn. Symmetrical houses flanking the entrance to Hyde Close. 3-storey. Red brick, with brick string course over first floor window. No. 25 has a hipped slate roof. No. 26 has a bar frontage, iron lamp holder, wood modillion cornice and a Royal Insurance fire plaque.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 301
1502 25
Wall
Between Nos. 30B and 31, fronting a car park. Brick and flint structure.     C.A.
SU 480 301
1502 115
Building
No. 31. 2 storeys. Brick structure. Bracketed hood over door. Altered in 1875, by W. Macklin.     C.A.
SU 480 301
1502 116
House
C.18
No. 32. 2 storeys and attic. Rendered. Dentil cornice. Tiled roof with two modern dormers. Modern door with bracketed hood. C.19 sash windows.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 301
1502 26
Building
C.19
No. 33. 2 storeys. Red brick with three course grey band between floors. Brick dentil cornice. Hipped old tile roof. Doorcase with pilasters supporting open pediment. Arched fanlight, panelled reveals. Modern wrought iron direction sign: 'Hyde Church, Abbey Gateway'.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 301
1502 04
House
C.18
No. 34. Red brick on stone plinth. 2 storeys. Tiled roof with toothed dentil cornice. Small late C.19 shop front on right of central doorway. C.19 sash windows in flush frames.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 301
1502 20
Houses
C.19
Nos. 35-42 (consec.). 2 storeys. Red brick with slate roof. Arched doorway with blank window over. Sash windows with glazing bars.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 301
1502 21
Dwellings (2)
C.18
Hyde Abbey Gardens. Formerly No. 43. Now converted to two dwellings. 2 storeys and attic. Red brick with grey brick band, brick dentil cornice with stone capping, and brick parapet with stone coping. Hipped old tile roof with three dormers. Arched door and fanlight with radiating bars and wreaths between. Engaged Tuscan columns support entablature and open pediment. This house and adjoining 'Red House' used as school in the mid C.19. Ref: Abbotts Barton Papers. Hampshire Record Office.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 302
1502 22
House
C.19
No. 44. The Red House. 2 storeys. Red brick with hipped slate roof. Central doorway with bracketed head and decorated surround. Sash windows with glazing bars. With adjoining house, No. 43, used as a school in mid C.19. The staff lived in terraced houses next door.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 302
1502 23
 Previous page (Volume 4, Page 44) Next page (Volume 4, Page 46)