Hampshire Treasures

Volume 4 ( Winchester)

Page 58 - St Bartholomew

 Previous page (Volume 4, Page 57) Next page (Volume 4, Page 59)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Buildings
Nos. 10 to 13 (consec.). Small 2-storey terrace of shops with attractive rendered fronts. Slate roofs, some dormer windows.     C.A.
SU 477 296
1502 157
Upper High Street (east side)
Buildings
C.19
Nos. 19 to 22 (consec.). 2 storeys. Yellow brick with slate roofs. Three doorways with stucco Tuscan surrounds, 6-panel doors, panelled reveals and fanlights. Railings.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 477 297
1502 85
Buildings
C.19
Nos. 23 and 24. Brick with slate roofs. 2 storeys. 6-panel doors in architrave surrounds. Sash windows with glazing bars.     C.A.
SU 477 297
1502 180
Buildings
C.19
Nos. 25 to 32 (consec.). Red brick with slate roofs. 2 storeys. Sash windows with glazing bars. Plain doors.     C.A.
SU 477 296
1502 181
Monument
Plague Monument. 1759, rebuilt 1821 on site of earlier memorial to the plague of 1666. Portland stone obelisk with inscription on square rusticated base. Memorial erected by Charitable Society of Natives, a society founded to help survivors of the Great Plague, 1666.     T. & C. P. Act
C.A.
SU 477 296
1502 83
Worthy Lane
Building
C.19
The Conservative Club. Circa 1840. 2 storeys. Rendered. Low pitched, hipped slate roof with wide eaves. Sash windows with glazing bars, and a 2-storey bay.     SU 479 302
1502 196
Worthy Road
House
C.19
Abbotts Barton House. 2 storeys. Red brick with stone dressings. Hipped slate roof with corbelled soffit. Sash windows. Ionic porch. Staircase from Eastgate House. Alterations and additions. Now in use as offices.     SU 485 310
1502 175
 Previous page (Volume 4, Page 57) Next page (Volume 4, Page 59)