Hampshire Treasures

Volume 4 ( Winchester)

Page 78 - St Luke

 Previous page (Volume 4, Page 77) Next page (Volume 4, Page 79)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
St. James' Terrace (west side)
Nos. 1-20 (consec.). Terrace of houses of varying design, in pairs or groups of four. Slate roofs. Mostly sash windows with glazing bars, some with first floor french windows and balconies. Plain panelled doors. Nos. 1-4, have paired Tuscan pilasters to the doorway and fanlight.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 476 295
1504 01
Sleeper's Hill (south side)
The Day House. Large detached house of 2 storeys and attic. Walls of pebbled rendering on brick plinth. Red tile multi-gabled roof. Brick chimneys. Casement windows with some leaded lights. Front doorway in half-timbered projection.     SU 468 287
1504 19
Neatham. 2 storeys and attic. Flint with decorative brick trim. Red tile gabled roof with brick chimneys. Sash windows. Projecting bay tile hung. Moulded brick arched front doorway.     SU 469 287
1504 18
St. Mary's. Red brick house. Slate roof with decorated tile ridge and finials. Fine porch of two arches with corner pillar and pilasters. Decorated bricks in rosette design. Wooded garden, Scots pine, beech, horse-chestnut and Lawson cypress.     SU 471 288
1504 17
Sparkford Road (west side)
King Alfred's College. Original block built 1861/2 by J. Colson in Gothic-Revival style. Coursed rubble, with red tile roof. 3-storey. Irregularly spaced mullioned and transomed windows. Bays on ground floor. Modern extensions.     SU 472 291
1504 35
 Previous page (Volume 4, Page 77) Next page (Volume 4, Page 79)