Hampshire Treasures

Volume 4 ( Winchester)

Page 109 - St Michael

 Previous page (Volume 4, Page 108) Next page (Volume 4, Page 110)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
House
C.16
No. 69. Moberley's. Dated 1571. Long 2-storey house with twin brick gables at south end. C. 18 and later alterations and additions. Old tile roof with diagonally set blocks. 8-panel door with Tuscan porch. Gable ends have 2-light C.16 windows. Stone frames to other windows. C.19 extension to right of 2 storeys and attic. Fine panelling inside.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 289
1505 206
Houses
C.18
Nos. 70 and 71. 2 storeys and attic. Red brick. Original double-bowed shop front. Wrought iron brackets under bows. Plain 6-panel door. Modern first floor bow window.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 290
1505 120
Houses
C.17
Nos. 72 and 73. Colourwashed brick. No. 72 of 3 storeys with diamond lattice casements. No. 73 of 2 storeys, with wooden cross casement windows and a modern shop front. Tiled roof. Interior with good staircase.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 481 290
1505 118
House
C.20
No. 74. 2 storeys and attic. C.20 front on possibly older building. Red brick with stone dressings. Old tile roof. 2 and 3-light stone mullioned casement windows. Projecting pediment with large wooden modillion cornice. Modern doorway.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 481 290
1505 119
Building
C.18
Nos. 75 and 76. Circa 1760. 2 storeys. Red brick with old tile mansard roof. Four attic dormers. Double doorway with large fanlight circa 1830. Public house frontage.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 481 290
1505 116
House
C.19
No. 77. 3 storey and attic. Red brick with stucco dressings and bands. Tiled roof with three dormers.     C.A.
SU 481 290
1505 375
Little Minster Street (west side)
House
C.17
No. 8. 2 storeys and attic. Painted brick walls and brick string course. Old tile roof with two dormers. Contemporary window frames and mullions above. C.19 sash windows and door below.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 480 293
1505 117
Market Street
Houses
C.19
Morley College. Eight houses built for clergy widows. Founded 1672, rebuilt 1880, and recently modernised. Red brick terrace with tiled roofs. 2 storeys and attics. Sash windows. Railed front gardens. Footpath at front skirting Cathedral Green. Decorative plaque gives name and history. Architect, J. Colson.     C.A.
SU 482 293
1505 322
 Previous page (Volume 4, Page 108) Next page (Volume 4, Page 110)