Hampshire Treasures

Volume 5 ( New Forest)

Page 156 - Hordle

 Previous page (Volume 5, Page 155) Next page (Volume 5, Page 157)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
C.19
Yeovilton Cottage, Fry's Lane, Everton. Painted brick walls with hipped slate roof. Sash windows with glazing bars.     T. & C.P. Act
SZ 290 943
1205 27
House
C.19
Yeatton House, Hordle Lane. Large brick house, entirely rendered. Slate roof. Label moulds over windows. Decorative ironwork verandah and conservatory. Ref: Notes on the older houses of Milford and its neighbourhood, Milford on Sea Record Society Occasional Magazine, Vol. 3, No. 3, Sept. 1924, p.40.     SZ 270 941
1205 43
Cottages
C.19
Yeatton Cottages, Hordle Lane, Downton. Originally one house now divided into two. Roughcast rendering, and slate roof with coped gable end. 2 storeys. Three windows. Door-way in Gothic style, with pilasters surmouted by pinnacles.     T. & C.P. Act
SZ 269 941
1205 29
Schooland School- house
C.19
Church of England primary school and school- house, Hordle Lane. Red brick with blue and white brick, and stone dressings. Tiled roof with diagonally set chimneys. School, 1-storey with 2-storey gabled porch. Bellcote set under fleche, and Gothic door. End of building forms 2-storey schoolhouse. Fretted bargeboard over dormer window. Lower windows have Gothic arches under blue brick relieving arches.     T. & C.P. Act
SZ 273 951
1205 08
Church
C.19
All Saints. Red brick walls with stone and blue brick dressings. Slate roof with cresting. Large west window above projecting vestry. Single and double lancet windows. Aisleless nave. Short square tower below pyramidal roof. Large corner buttresses. Reredos by Forsyth, and Saviati of Venice. Cycle shelter fo 1907 built against south wall. Ref: 1. A History of the Parish of All Saints' Hordle, and its churches, Second Edition, (James). Ref: 2. Buildings of England; Hants. and I.O.W., (Pevsner and Lloyd), p.296.     T. & C.P. Act
SZ 273 951
1205 07
Lych Gate
C.19
All Saints Church, Hordle Lane. Red brick and stone plinth. Dividing wall and two gates in centre. Wooden piers, with mullions and tracery between, support an oriental style tiled roof with finial. Rebuilt 1958. Ref: A History of the Parish of All Saints', Hordle, and its churches, Second Edition, (James), p.3.     T. & C.P. Act
SZ 273 951
1205 06
 Previous page (Volume 5, Page 155) Next page (Volume 5, Page 157)