Hampshire Treasures

Volume 5 ( New Forest)

Page 175 - Lymington and Pennington

 Previous page (Volume 5, Page 174) Next page (Volume 5, Page 176)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Building
C.17
House on Quay, Town Quay. 2 storeys. Red brick structure. Two hipped dormers and four sash windows. Modern shop front.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SZ 327 956
1208 602B
Manor House
C.17
Manor House, Woodside Lane. 2 storeys. Tiled roof, with chimney breasts at north and south ends of facade. Red brick structure with string course. L-shaped plan. 2-storey gabled porch.     T. & C.P. Act
SZ 323 942
1209 196C
House
C.17/18
Church Lane House, Church Lane. 2 storeys and attic with two hipped dormers. Tiled roof with coped gable ends and kneelers. Stuccoed facade. Porch with Doric columns and 6-panelled door. Attached outhouse to north has coped gable ends. In front of this, sidewall and stone banded brick piers of late C.18, early C.19.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SZ 322 953
1209 86C
House
C.17/18
The Bird Cage, Quay Street. 2 storeys with dormers. Steeply pitched tiled roof, with large coped gable ends. Stuccoed facade. C.19 shop front with carved heads of glazing bars.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SZ 327 956
1209 119C
Inn
C.17/18
Ye Olde Englishman, Queen Street. 2 storeys with attic in gable end. Tiled roof. Painted brick, side partly tile hung. Doorway with pilasters, cornice with entablature and small flat hood.     T. & C.P. Act
SZ 319 954
1208 49B
Wall and Gate
C.17/18
No. 86, Southampton Road. 6ft. high red brick garden wall with piers and buttresses. Now cut low in front of house. C.1 7 style iron garden gate.     T. & C.P. Act
SZ 317 962
1208 64D
House
C.18
Pressgang Cottage, No. 10, Bath Road. Formerly Old Harlequin or Harbour Inn. 2 storeys with basement and attic dormer. Painted brick structure with double span old tiled roof. Upstairs sash windows with boxed frames. Ground floor bow window and brick porch. Plaque records Inn was headquarters of press gangs. 1809.     T. & C.P. Act
SZ 329 953
1209 144C
Building
C.18
Lymington Community Centre, Cannon Street. Formerly The Old Malt House. 11/2 storeys. Grouped round three sides of a courtyard. Tiled roof with base of former cowl. Red brick structure with blue/grey dormers. Casement windows. One hipped dormer. The Old Malt House probably served old brewery - now vanished - situated at side of Angel Inn yard.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SZ 323 956
1208 125B
Houses
C.18
1 & 2, Captains' Row. 2 storeys and attic. Tiled roof. Red brick structure. One window space, three windows and two dormers with glazing bars. Doorways in moulded architraves with flat hoods above.     C.A.
SZ 327 954
1209 187C
Houses
C.18
Nos. 5-9A, Captains' Row. 2 storeys and attics. Tiled roofs and brick eaves cornices. Red brick facades. Nos. 6, 8 and 9 are painted. Sash windows. No. 6 and 8 have a 2-storey bay each. Doors with moulded architraves.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SZ 327 954
1209 179C
 Previous page (Volume 5, Page 174) Next page (Volume 5, Page 176)