Hampshire Treasures

Volume 5 ( New Forest)

Page 225 - Martin

 Previous page (Volume 5, Page 224) Next page (Volume 5, Page 226)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Group D - Buildings, Monuments and Engineering Works
Church
C.12
All Saints. Ashlar, stone and flint structure. Tiled roof. Original Norman, tower raised and surmounted by a tall steeple in 1787. Stone mullion windows with minor stain glass edging. Nave has one Norman and one Gothic arch with stone mullion windows and decorated lights. Northern aisle has one Norman and one Gothic arch with stone mullion windows and varied decorated lights, incorporating fragments of mediaeval stained glass with unglazed squint into chancel. South transept has one Norman arch and varied stone mullion windows with decorated lights. Chancel incorporates three Gothic arches with stone mullion windows and various decorated stained glass lights. Porch of stone structure with hipped tiled roof over boarded doorway. Ref: Damerham and Martin, (Lane-Poole), p.126.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 070 195
2410 01
Village Cross (Remains)
C.15
Village Green, 1.0 m square plain base of stone. O.S.A. No. SU 01 NE 3.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 068 195
2410 08
Cottage
C.16
The Priest's House. 2 storeys and attic. Thatched roof. Stone and flint structure. Stone mullioned windows and wood casements with leaded lights. Oak framed doorway. 2-window front.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 068 195
2410 12
Farmhouse
C.17
Harris'. 1 storey. Tiled roof. Timber-framed with brick and flint. Wooden casements.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 069 194
2410 03
House
C.17
Hart House. Originally a pair of cottages. 2 storeys. Rubble and ashlar structure. Tiled roof with brick and stone chimney stacks. Wood casements with some leaded lights. 5-window front. Extensively remodelled circa. 1962.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 069 195
2410 16
Cottage
C.17
Lavender Cottage. 2 storeys. Thatched roof with brick chimney stacks. Timber-framed structure with brick infilling. Wooden casements.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 068 195
2410 15
House
C.17
The Manor House, previously called Dennett's Farm. The present building represents the remaining portion of a much larger house, and has walls of chalk and flint restored with later brickwork. Tiled roof. 2 storeys with stone mullioned windows. Wooden casements, some with leaded lights. 4-window front. Brick chimney stacks. O.S.A. No. SU 01 NE 2. Ref: A History of Martin, 1954, (Lane-Poole).     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 067 197
2410 17
Cottage
C.17
Simmy's Cottage. 2 storeys. Thatched roof with brick chimney stacks. Timber-framed structure with flint and brick infilling. Wooden casement windows.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 069 194
2410 05
 Previous page (Volume 5, Page 224) Next page (Volume 5, Page 226)