Hampshire Treasures

Volume 5 ( New Forest)

Page 289 - Rockbourne

Previous page (Volume 5, Page 288) Previous page (Volume 5, Page 288) Next page (Volume 5, Page 291) Next page (Volume 5, Page 291)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
C.18/19
The Cottage. 2 storeys. Slate roof. Brick structure C.18 windows and portico. Mainly C.18 with C.19 additions. Originally a small cottage, home of the village carpenter.     C.A.
SU 115 178
2412 60
Cottage
C.19
Charities. 2 storeys. Slate roof, brick structure. Originally village shop, with bakery at rear. Existing photograph shows licensed to sell tobacco and snuff.     C.A.
SU 114 181
2412 56
Chapel
C.19
Baptist Chapel, originally Methodist. Slate roof. Brick structure.     C.A.
SU 115 180
2412 57
Monument
C.19
West Park. Erected 1827. Stone circular column on square plinth with internal stair to platform at summit. Partly to commemorate Sir Eyre Coote who died 1783.     T. & C. P. Act
SU 117 163
2412 26
Lodges
Entrance to West Park. Single storey with slate roof. Brick structure with rendered surface.     C.A.
SU 115 176
2412 65
Cottage
South of Priory Farm. Thatch roof. Timber-framed with brick infilling. Originally a C.17 barn, converted to a dwelling in 1980.     T. & C.A. Act
C.A.
SU 114 179
2412 58
House
West Hayes. 2 storeys with slate roof. Parts of the original C.17 structure still evident, but mainly C.19.     C.A.
SU 112 184
2412 54
Group F - Historical or Literary Associations
Claypits
Brickhill. These pits were used for digging clay for brick making during C.16 - C.18 and were connected with nearby houses, all of which were inhabited by families engaged in brick making.     SU 124 156
2412 66
Previous page (Volume 5, Page 288) Previous page (Volume 5, Page 288) Next page (Volume 5, Page 291) Next page (Volume 5, Page 291)