Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 60 - Bramshott

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 59) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 59) Next page (Volume 6, Page 61) Next page (Volume 6, Page 61)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
House
C.16
Tap House, The Square, Liphook. Single storey and dormers. Tiled roof with three gabled dormers. Part timber-framed with rubble in- filling, part plaster rendered. Casement windows with glazing bars. Once the tap of the Crown Inn, now called Ship House.     C.A.
SU 840 315
2301 20
Cow Byre
C.16/17
In grounds of Blue Vines. Single storey, timber- framed with herringbone infilling visible inside and out. Tiled roof. Leaded casement windows inserted.     SU 836 327
2301 13
House
C.16/17
Covers Farm, Church Lane. 2 storeys. L-shaped plan. Stone structure, some timber-framing visible inside. Squared and coursed stone with galleting. Casement windows. Small central porch. Barn with slate roof, and stone and weatherboard walls. Ref: 1. Rural Life in Hampshire, (Capes), pp.248, 345. Ref: 2. A Hampshire Parish, (Newman), pp.41, 79, 92, 109.     SU 840 329
2301 35
Stables and Garden Walls
C.16/17
Ludshott Manor. Stables of ironstone with stone quoins and a tiled roof. Arched entrance with gable and stone coping. Garden walls with stone door openings and 4-centred arches. Two similar doorways in dairy. O.S.A. No. SU83 SW7.     SU 842 340
2301 12A
Cottage
C.16/17
Quarry Cottage. 2 storeys. Brick structure. Tiled roof with barn end, and some timber-framing. Old central chimney. Casement windows with glazing bars.     SU 824 343
2301 25
House
C.17
The Forge, Passfield. 2 storeys. Coursed rubble with brick dressings. Tiled roof with barn end hip. Later casement windows. South west end may be older with dressed stone quoins and rubble wall. Date 1602 or 1603 on front. Sun Insurance sign.     SU 823 343
2301 24
Building
C.17
Links Hotel, formerly the Wheatsheaf Inn. 2 storeys. Overhanging bays on upper storey. Tiled roof and walls partly tile hung. Part may be of earlier date. Some timber-framing inside. Door with hood. Casement windows.     SU 837 306
2301 11
House
C.17
Waterside House. Rear central portion circa. 1638, a fine yeoman's house. Much enlarged in Jacobean style stone in 1921. Materials brought from a Northumbrian castle. Old barn converted into drawing room. Arms and motto on wall. Additions with leaded casement windows and drip courses.     SU 828 336
2301 73
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 59) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 59) Next page (Volume 6, Page 61) Next page (Volume 6, Page 61)