Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 63 - Bramshott

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 62) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 62) Next page (Volume 6, Page 64) Next page (Volume 6, Page 64)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
C.18/19
Old Forge, Conford. 2 storeys. Roughly coursed sandstone with brick quoins. Tiled roof with gable ends. External chimney on western gable. Modern additions including wing on north east corner. Diamond shaped leaded windows. Home of the head of the Moss family who were 'edge tool' makers in C.19. The 1851 census records that there were four households of Moss' involved in the tool-making work, but the business closed in 1916.     SU 825 329
2301 51
House
C.18/19
Ship House, No. 3, The Square, Liphook. White plaster-faced brick. Slate roof. Sash windows and glazing bars. Earlier remains at rear. Formerly the Old Ship Inn.     C.A.
SU 839 314
2301 19
Cottage and Outbuildings
C.19
Bramshott Cottage. Rebuilt 1826 on site of earlier cottage. Stone structure with tiled roof. Stable used as garage. Barn converted to studio. Ref: A Hampshire Parish, (Newman), p.45.     SU 842 332
2301 36
Hopkilns (4)
C.19
Near Passfield House Farm. Two circular oast houses together, and a circular and a square oast house separated by barn. Sandstone and rubble structures with tiled roofs cemented over. Square oast houses and barn with slate roofs. Used for storage only.     SU 824 345
2301 23
House
C.19
Ludshott Manor formerly known as Woolmer Lodge. Built 1827-8 in plain Tudor style. On site of earlier house. Some outbuildings of Elizabethan or Jacobean date. O.S.A. No. SU83 SW7. Ref: 1. Buildings of England; Hants. and I.O.W., (Pevsner and Lloyd), p.141. Ref: 2. A Hampshire Parish, (Newman), pp.42-45. Ref: 3. Rural Life in Hampshire, (Capes), pp.275-6, 281.     SU 842 340
2301 12
House
C.19
Osbornes, Portsmouth Road, Liphook. 2 storeys. Slate roof and plaster faced walls. Regency cast iron verandah on south side. Sash windows. Traces of earlier work, Queen Anne date. Panelled door with hood.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 839 314
2301 17
Building
C.19
Formerly Liphook School, now a library. Begun in 1872 when Sir William Erie gave the site and a donation to build a National School for girls and small boys. Squared stone structure with tiled roofs. Many additions. Small shingle-hung tower with shingled roof.     SU 840 316
2301 85
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 62) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 62) Next page (Volume 6, Page 64) Next page (Volume 6, Page 64)