Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 64 - Bramshott

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 63) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 63) Next page (Volume 6, Page 65) Next page (Volume 6, Page 65)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Entrance Gates
C.19
Downlands. Wrought iron gates, flanked by square piers topped by stone vases decorated with rams heads. Low curved wall and iron railing connects the taller brick piers also capped by stone vases.     SU 851 332
2301 09
House and Grounds
C.19
Foley Manor, Liphook. Stone and stuccoed house with slate roof. Victorian rendered wing added to north west porch with Tuscan columns, pilasters and pediment over round-headed doorway. Victorian staircase. Extensive lawns with trees, gazebo, fountain, lake and bronze equestrian statue. Ref: A Hampshire Parish, (Newman), pp.48-50.     SU 827 307
2301 68
House
C.19
Passfield Place. Large white rendered house, with tiled roof. Two shallow wings, and small protruding porch. Once owned by Sidney and Beatrice Webb, whose gravestones are in the woods nearby. Ref: A Hampshire Parish, (Newman), p.128.     SU 824 338
2301 48
Shops(2)
C.19
Nos. 1, and 2, Tweenways, The Square, Liphook. 2 storeys, cream, plaster faced walls. Double h ipped slate roof with plaster cornice. Sash windows. Rear extension of sandstone and brick dressings. Originally a private house.     C.A.
SU 839 315
2301 21
Building
C.19/20
Goldenfield and Lychgate, 53 and 51, Chitley Lane. 2 storeys. Stone and timber construction. First floor partly tile-hung. Five gables in roof, all at different levels. To the rear is a tall gabled annexe. Chimney stacks of various styles. Weather boarded clock tower and cupola. The west wing gives the appearance of a separate house and is now used as such, known as Lychgate. Two plates on the timber and brick porch of the main house read 'Built by Marry Anne Robb 1891: Architect Philip Webb' and 'Built by M.A. Robb 1905: Architect Owen Little'.     SU 848 311
2301 106
House
C.20
Bohunt Manor, Portsmouth Road, Liphook. Built about 1928 on site of an C.18 farm- house. Stones from the walls and barns re-used in present structure. Farm recorded on this site in 1597. Ref: Rural Life in Hampshire, (Capes), pp.141 and 340.     SU 835 310
2301 67
Building
C.20
Church Centre, Portsmouth Road, Liphook. Opened 1969. Rectangular plan. Brown brick walls on low plinth. 4-gabled roof over main room, each gable of two triangular sheets of glass. Two well recessed doorways on front, and six tall metal windows. Part used as church on Sundays.     SU 838 312
2301 83
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 63) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 63) Next page (Volume 6, Page 65) Next page (Volume 6, Page 65)