Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 65 - Bramshott

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 64) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 64) Next page (Volume 6, Page 66) Next page (Volume 6, Page 66)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Rectory
C.20
Portsmouth Road, Liphook. Built 1922, by H. lnigo Triggs. Pale, roughly coursed stone walls. Tiled roof with two brick chimneys. Left hand side of front, tile hung with two 'portholes'. Gabled projecting centre section containing front door.     SU 839 313
2301 82
House
C.20
Tilburys, Passfield. Stone structure with brick dressings to windows. Tiled roof. Half-timbering at northern end. Rebuilt about 1920.     SU 824 346
2301 54
House
C.20
Clerks, Rectory Lane. Built 1911 on old site in Elizabethan/Jacobean style. 2 storeys. M-shaped tiled roof with gabletted ends. Squared stone walls with brick quoins and dressings. 2-storey porch and casement windows. Old weatherboarded barn, on stone plinth. Timber-framed with tiled roof. Lower sections either side of weatherboarding and stone. Ref: Rural Life in Hampshire, (Capes), pp.122, 125, 144, 247.     SU 846 332
2301 38
House
C.20
Coopers Bridge. 2 storeys. Brick structure. Hipped tiled roof descending in places to just above ground floor windows. Brick chimney stacks with over-sailing courses. Dormer windows in roof. All windows rectangular in shape with leaded lights. Designed in 1911 by local architect, H. Inigo Triggs.     SU 835 335
2301 109
House
C.20
Bramshott Court. A stone built house on site of C.17 Fir Grove, most of which was demolished in 1832, leaving only one block of out-buildings which were incorporated into the present house. This has now been divided into six dwellings. The gardens designed by Gertrude Jekyll though long neglected, have now been partially restored.     C.A.
SU 831 337
2301 108
Monument
C.20
In front of Liphook Post Office. The 'Flora Thompson Memorial'. A bust portraying the writer as a young woman, which is set on a brick plinth. The sculpture has a green bronze finish and is the work of a local artist, Philip Jackson. Flora Thompson well-known for her book 'Lark Rise to Candleford', lived for many years in the area, at one period working in the Old Post Office, where her husband was Postmaster.     SU 839 313
2301 107
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 64) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 64) Next page (Volume 6, Page 66) Next page (Volume 6, Page 66)