Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 66 - Bramshott

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 65) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 65) Next page (Volume 6, Page 67) Next page (Volume 6, Page 67)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Building
The Cricketers, Passfield. Sandstone, part rendered, with some visible timber framing. Parts may be of C.16 date. 1 1/2 storeys. Tiled roof with half hipped dormers. An inn between 1850 and 1902. Stone farm building with tiled roof. Tie beam roof with angle braces.     SU 823 342
2301 40
Inn
The Deer's Hut, Longmoor Road, Liphook. Main section C.18 or earlier. Coursed stone structure, ground floor whitewashed, tile hung above. Tiled roof. Single storey extension to left and right, of colourwashed coursed stone. Casement windows. Faces onto Green.     SU 824 317
2301 49
Ice House
Foley Manor, Liphook. Underground circular bricked chamber, located in field behind stables, covered by grass. About 12 ft. across internally with dome supported by an iron pole. Steps down into it now filled by earth, what does remain of entrance is covered with wire.     SU 825 308
2301 92
Inn
The Green Dragon, London Road, Liphook. 2 storeys. Roughly coursed rubble with tiled roof. 2-storey extension at rear. Whitewashed front with tile hung dormers. Alehouse believed to have stood here before the Dissolution. Ref: A Hampshire Parish, (Newman), p.109.     C.A.
SU 839 315
2301 87
Farmhouse
Holme Hills Farmhouse. 2 storeys. Squared stone walls with brick quoins and arches over lower windows. A stone lean-to at either end, with slate roofs. Chimneys serve bread ovens in each lean-to. Central double doors under a slate-roofed porch. Two stores with tiled roofs, one stone, and one wooden-planks.     SU 824 326
2301 42
House
Linchborough Lodge, Woolmer Forest. 2 storeys. Brick faced with tiled roof. Present building looks C.18/19, but traces of much older work. Old beams visible inside. Also signs of an earlier steeper roof. Cellar. Possible site of Edward I's Hunting Lodge. Ref: A Hampshire Parish, (Newman), pp.60, 61, 67, 68.     SU 815 333
2301 70
Houses
Nos. 2, and 3, Links Cottages, and The Old Club House, Liphook. Converted from the outbuildings of the Links Hotel. Stone walls with brick dressings to doors and windows. Tiled roofs. Visually important on entry to Liphook.     SU 837 307
2301 66
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 65) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 65) Next page (Volume 6, Page 67) Next page (Volume 6, Page 67)