Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 160 - Grayshott

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 159) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 159) Next page (Volume 6, Page 161) Next page (Volume 6, Page 161)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Historic Street Pattern
Victoria Terrace, Jubilee Terrace and Pendarvis, Crossways Road.     SU 874 352
1609 19
Historic Street Pattern
Crossways Road. Large dwelling houses of typical local structure and design in wooded setting, presenting a pleasant and characteristic street Pattern of the late C.19.     SU 874 352
1609 20
Historic Street Pattern
Five Ways. Junction of Headley Road, Crossways Road, Whitmore Vale Road and Hill Road. Meeting place of five roads forming 'hub' of village; of exceptional open and pleasant character. Area includes village green, war memorial and garden and children's playing green.     SU 873 353
1609 14
Group F - Historical or Literary Associations
Cottage
C.18
Plum Tree Cottage, Stoney Bottom. Stone structure; originally a squatters dwelling. Extensively altered but remains in character.     SU 872 352
1609 25
Cottage
C.18
Well Cottage, Stoney Bottom. Stone structure; originally a squatters dwelling. Extensively altered but remains in character.     SU 871 351
1609 24
Cottage
C.18
Silvae, Stoney Bottom. Stone structure; originally a squatters dwelling, with concealed cellar, probably used to store contraband.     SU 871 351
1609 23
Cottage
C.18
Bramshott Cottage, Stoney Bottom. Stone structure; originally a squatters dwelling. Modernised but remains in character.     SU 877 349
1609 22
Cottage
C.18
Yew Tree Cottage, Crossways Road. Stone structure; originally a squatters dwelling. Extensively altered but remains in character.     SU 878 349
1609 21
Cottage
C.19
Broomsquires Cottage, Stoney Bottom. Remaining example of several cottages built circa 1820. Occupied until 1939 by makers of birch and heather brooms - a local industry. Ref: Hindhead, 1898, (Wright).     SU 871 350
1609 02
Building
C.19
Grayshott C. of E. Primary School, School Road. Central part erected as school in 1871 under auspices of 'The National Society for the Education of the Poor according to the principles of the Church of England'. Original plaque and bell remains over doorway. Building used as first village Church from 1873 to 1891.     SU 869 355
1609 28
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 159) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 159) Next page (Volume 6, Page 161) Next page (Volume 6, Page 161)