Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 167 - Greatham

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 166) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 166) Next page (Volume 6, Page 169) Next page (Volume 6, Page 169)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Building
The Rectory. 2 storeys. Front circa 1810. Plaster rendered with cornice and parapet. Earlier structure behind, of ironstone with a tiled gabled roof. Sash windows. Later C.19 addition to east.     SU 774 304
2307 10
Barn
Rooks Farm, Farnham Road. Used as stables. Timber-clad with timber frame. Tiled roof. Small pane windows, non opening; wooden stable doors.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 774 306
2307 12
Ice House
Le Court. On edge of wood. Brick structure with some external ornamental stonework, entrance passage with two large recesses leads to circular brick pit about 40 ft. deep. Plain doorway. Building covered by wooded mound. Ice house belonged to earlier house on site.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 763 316
2307 16
Group E - Street Patterns, Street Furniture and Open Spaces
Green
Greatham Village Green. Site of remains of old church of St. John. Centred on grid reference.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 773 303
2307 15
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 166) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 166) Next page (Volume 6, Page 169) Next page (Volume 6, Page 169)