Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 179 - Headley

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 178) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 178) Next page (Volume 6, Page 180) Next page (Volume 6, Page 180)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Group C - Footpaths, Bridleways and Old Travelways
Old Travelway
Cradle Lane. Bridleway going north from the rear gate of Headley Park and across the river. One of eleven bridleways and thirty-eight footpaths in the parish.     SU 813 382
1610 102
Group D - Buildings, Monuments and Engineering Works
Church
C.14
All Saints. Rebuilt 1859. Stone structure with C.14 perpendicular tower. Wide-spanned and massive timbered roof, dating from C.14. Fine C.14 window with elaborate super-tracery in west wall and C.13 lancet incorporated in south wall of chancel. O.S.A. No. SU83 NW4. Ref: 1. Headley - The Story of a Hampshire Parish, 1066-1966. (Canon Tudor Jones, Rector of Headley 1934-1965). Ref: 2. V.C.H., Vol. 3, p.54.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 821 362
1610 01
Farmhouse
C.16
Picketts Hill Farm. Brick structure, restored and modernised. Elizabethan kitchen. 2 storeys, tiled roof. Fine stone wall surrounding the garden. Old wooden hop shovel found during alterations.     SU 821 381
1610 68
Cottage
C.16
Appletree Cottage. 2 storeys. Roughly coused ironstone with red brick dressings. Ridge tiled roof. Square lattice windows. Two simple cottage doors. Originally three cottages. Dated 1590.     C.A.
SU 821 362
1610 09
Farmhouse
C.16
Tulls, formerly Chase Farm, Tulls Lane, Standford. 2 storeys. Small coursed stone blocks. Ridge tiled roof. Plainwood casements. Tile hung gable towards road. Formerly two cottages.     SU 820 349
1610 39
Farmhouse and Cottage
C.16
Bayfields Farn, Frensham Lane. 2 storeys. Stone structure. Tiled roof. Beams made from ships timbers. Until 1968 water was pumped from well under lounge floor. Former Oast House (with some wattle and daub walls) converted into gardeners cottage.     SU 823 375
1610 82
Cottage
C.16
Overton Cottage, Arford. 2 storeys. Timber- framed with brick infilling. Thatched roof. Three dormer windows. Interior walls of wattle and daub. Bread oven and inglenook.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 826 365
1610 39
Farmhouse and Barn
C.16/17
Hatch House Farm. Restored and enlarged. 2 storeys. Timber-framed with coursed and random stone infilling. Old half-hipped tiled roof. Modern lattice casements and french windows. Large stone barn converted into dwelling.     SU 812 363
1610 33
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 178) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 178) Next page (Volume 6, Page 180) Next page (Volume 6, Page 180)