Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 182 - Headley

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 181) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 181) Next page (Volume 6, Page 183) Next page (Volume 6, Page 183)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Farmhouse and Barn
Trottsford Farm. 2 storeys. Stone and brick structure. Hipped tiled roof. Square-paned casement windows. Barn at right angles to house, now joined to main farmhouse. Modern metal-framed windows and large cellar with interesting niches in the walls. In 1547 this was church property.     SU 808 386
1610 71
Farmbuilding
Trottsford Farm. Large, solid, stone barn, partly weatherboarded at one end. Dated 1815 possibly after a major repair or addition.     SU 808 385
1610 72
Building
Corn Mill Cottage, Standford. Renovated mill and attached cottage now forming one dwelling. Mill of coursed stone with short half-hipped ridge tiled roof. Cottage of random stone, with weatherboarded store/garage at end towards road. O.S.A. No. SU83 NW3.     C.A.
SU 813 353
1610 36
Cottage
Sunnyside, Standford. 2 storeys. Stone and brick structure. Tiled roof. Wood framed lattice windows.     C.A.
SU 815 348
1610 75
Cottage
Standford Cottage. 2 storeys, with single storey extension. Painted stone structure. Tiled roof. Off-centre double chimney.     C.A.
SU 815 349
1610 74
Cottages (4)
Gravel Cottages, Standford. 2 storeys. Stone and brick structure. Half-hipped old tiled roof. Central chimney.     C.A.
SU 816 348
1610 76
House
Eveley, Standford. 2 storeys. Stone structure. Gabled tiled roof. Dormer window. 2-storey extension. Surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens, through which flows the River Wey.     C.A.
SU 815 349
1610 77
Farmhouse
The Old Farm House, Standford. Formerly Standford Farm. Timber-framed structure. Gable to right and left with part pentice ridge in centre containing modern dormer and a half dormer. Old tiled roof. Modern red brick extension.     C.A.
SU 814 350
1610 37
Farm Buildings
The Old Farm House, Standford. Two weather-boarded barns, forming attractive group with farmhouse and nearby house.     C.A.
SU 815 349
1610 38
Farmhouse
Hatch Farm, Standford. 2 storeys. Stone structure with some tile hanging and exposed timbers, believed to be old ship's timber brought from Portsmouth when Pepys was modernising the Navy. Timber roof. Sash and square paned casement windows. C.19 wing. A tributary of the River Wey flows through the cellar. Ref: 1. History and Directory of Hampshire, 1859 (White). Ref: 2. P.H.F.C., Vol. 18, (Shorters 'Paper Mills in Hampshire').     C.A.
SU 817 347
1610 73
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 181) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 181) Next page (Volume 6, Page 183) Next page (Volume 6, Page 183)