Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 199 - Kingsley

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 197) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 197) Next page (Volume 6, Page 201) Next page (Volume 6, Page 201)

Five miles south-east of Alton, the village was once a clearing between the forests of Alice Holt to the north and Woolmer to the south. The present church dates from 1875, but not far away is the old church largely rebuilt in 1778 which contains an 800 year old tub font, a fifteenth century parish chest and a thirteenth century window. Mediaeval kings maintained a hunting lodge at Lode Farm.

Please use "Next page" to see Hampshire Treasures entries for Kingsley.

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 197) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 197) Next page (Volume 6, Page 201) Next page (Volume 6, Page 201)