Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 211 - Lasham

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 210) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 210) Next page (Volume 6, Page 213) Next page (Volume 6, Page 213)

Situated four miles to the north west of Alton, just off the Alton to Basingstoke road, Lasham was once famous as a wartime airfield and is now a wellknown gliding centre. The village was once served by the Basingstoke and Alton Light Railway which ran from 1901- 1932. Modern development has brought new life to the area, but the centre of the village still retains much of its original character.

Please use "Next page" to see Hampshire Treasures entries for Lasham.

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 210) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 210) Next page (Volume 6, Page 213) Next page (Volume 6, Page 213)