Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 254 - Petersfield

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 253) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 253) Next page (Volume 6, Page 255) Next page (Volume 6, Page 255)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
House
C.15/16
No. 22. Goodyers. Stone construction. Hipped tiled roof. Left hand bay of 2 storeys. Plastered with jettied first floor. C.18 brick front of 2 storeys and attic to most of house. Lunettes with keystones in gables. Sash windows with segmental brick arches and keystones. Rendered plinth. South and west walls of galleted sandstone and ironstone with some flint and red brick dressings. Tile-hung first floor to rear. Interior has six stone fireplaces with Tudor arches. Plaque on wall states 'John Goodyer, Botanist and Royalist 1592-1664' lived here. Stone built vice in small courtyard. Ref: Early English Botanists, (Gunther).     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 744 231
1301 89
House
C.15
No. 26. Tullys. Formerly Nos. 26 and 28, The Spain. The two remaining bays of a Wealden halled house, now modernised. 2 storeys, tile-hung first floor with brick below at the front, north wall timber-framed with brick infilling. New casement windows with leaded lights. Steeply pitched tiled roof, new chimney. Interior of roof has sooted rafters with purlins and wind-braces, and two arched braced collar trusses, one with superior moulding. Built over stone cellar of mediaeval house. Later extensions at left and rear.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 744 231
1301 90
Cottage
C.16
No. 24. Formerly Goodyers Cottage. 2 low storeys and tile-hung attic. Half-hipped tiled roof. Recessed casement windows with glazing bars. Timber-framing visible at back. Roof is framed with staggered butt purlins and windbraces. Large chimney.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 744 231
1301 89A
Walls
Brook Lane. Flanked by walls. To east, flint with brick capping and dressing. To west, wall of malmstone and sandstone with tile ridge capping. Four old brick doorways with 4-centred arches open on to the lane. Forms east boundary wall of No. 22, The Spain.     C.A.
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 744 231
1301 205
Building
No. 28. Extended and converted from barn to offices. Hipped, tiled roof. Structure of flint and malmstone with brick dressings. Barn originally connected with No. 22, The Spain.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 744 232
1301 91
Cottage
C.18
No. 30. Crumbles. Tiled roof with renewed chimney. 2 storeys. Limewashed brick walls with casement windows. Ground floor windows with segmental brick arches and modern louvered shutters.     T. & C.P. Act
N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 744 232
1301 92
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 253) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 253) Next page (Volume 6, Page 255) Next page (Volume 6, Page 255)