Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 280 - Rowlands Castle

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 279) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 279) Next page (Volume 6, Page 281) Next page (Volume 6, Page 281)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Building
C.19
Staunton Arms, Redhill Road. 2 storeys. Plaster faced brick and rubble. Double hipped slate roof. Sash windows with glazing bars. Wing to west. Carriage entrance under upper storey at east end.     SU 726 098
2312 12
Commemoration Stone
C.20
Manor Lodge Road, Redhill. Rectangular stone on moulded plinth with capping of Portland stone. Inscription. 'Here on 22nd May 1944 His Majesty King George VI reviewed and bade Godspeed to his troops about to embark for the invasion and liberation of Europe. Deo Gratias'.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 724 101
2312 02
Chapel
Congregational Chapel, Finchdean. Formerly a barn used as a church for about 50 years. Brick structure with some timber at gable ends. Double hipped tiled roof. Some quatrefoil windows, others with diamond and Gothic glazing.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 730 128
2312 07
Cottage
The Cottage, Finchdean. 2 storeys. Plaster faced. Slate roof with brick chimneys. Casement windows with glazing bars and small panes. Cambered arches to ground floor windows.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 738 127
2312 06
Icehouse
Old Idsworth, near Finchdean. Roofless ruins in the grounds.     N.P. Act
A.O.N.B.
SU 742 138
2312 43
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 279) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 279) Next page (Volume 6, Page 281) Next page (Volume 6, Page 281)