Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 298 - Shalden

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 297) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 297) Next page (Volume 6, Page 299) Next page (Volume 6, Page 299)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Farmhouse
C.17
Manor Farm, formerly Gregory's Farm. 2 storeys. Timber-framed with flint and brick extensions, tile-hung at upper level. Clay tiled gabled roof. Iron lattice windows. Modern additions.     SU 696 420
1617 07
House
C.17
The Old Cottage. 3 storeys. Brick of Flemish bond with plinth. Half-hipped clay tiled roof. Wooden casement windows. Later extensions.     SU 694 417
1617 03
House
C.18
Shalden Lodge. 2 storeys. White plaster render- ing. Low-pitch hipped clay tiled roof. Sash windows. Centre columned porch.     SU 695 418
1617 04
Cottage
C.18
Honeycomb Cottage. 1 1/2 storeys. Brick with exposed timber-framing in gable wall. Clay tiled half-hipped roof. Variety of windows with brick segmental arches. Modern additions.     SU 696 420
1617 06
House
C.18
The Old Forge. 2 storeys. Red brick with blue headers in Flemish bond with breaking joint. Clay tiled gabled roof. Iron lattice casement windows. Forge in front of house. Square single storey brick building with hipped roof. Modern extensions.     SU 696 421
1617 08
House
C.18
Jordans, Old Odiham Road. 2 storeys. Selborne stone blocks faced with plaster and painted pink with black painted plinth. Square pitched slate roof, rising to large square central chimney stack. Originally a pair of farm cottages.     SU 714 415
1617 13
Church
C.19
St. Peter and St. Paul. Built 1865 in style of the C.13. Flint with ashlar dressings. Gable roof in two sections, nave and chancel, and covered with clay tiles. Small timbered bell turret with shingle spire. C.15 octagonal font. Ref: Buildings of England; Hants. and I.O.W., (Pevsner & Lloyd), p.496.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 693 416
1617 01
House
C.19
Old School House, Southwood Road. Flint with brick coursing, quoins and window jambs, and brick plinth. Slate gabled roof. Formerly the village school.     SU 697 420
1617 10
House
C.19
Glebe Cottage. Flint and brick structure, built by the Rev. C. H. White according to tablet 'C.H.W. 1844'. Formerly the stables of the Rectory.     SU 693 417
1617 15
House
The Thatched Cottage. 1 1/2 storeys. Timber- framed with brick infilling. Thatched roof.     SU 693 417
1617 02
House
Waverley Cottage, Southwood Road. Brick with some timber-framing. Thatched half-hipped roof. Modern wooden-framed windows. Possibly C.18.     SU 698 419
1617 11
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 297) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 297) Next page (Volume 6, Page 299) Next page (Volume 6, Page 299)