Hampshire Treasures

Volume 6 ( East Hampshire)

Page 326 - Wield

Previous page (Volume 6, Page 325) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 325) Next page (Volume 6, Page 327) Next page (Volume 6, Page 327)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Village WelI
Wield Manor garden. 300 ft. deep and protected by shelter roof. Early C.20 wheels and winding gear. Ref: Wield Parish History, (Mills).     SU 628 388
1620 25
Village Pond
Upper Wield. Until about 150 years ago was the sole source of water in the village, except for rainwater, for both villagers and their cattle.     SU 629 388
1620 30
Boundary Marker
Pug Dell, Wield Wood Estate. Chalkpit, mentioned in Saxon Land Charter of Edward the Elder as the 'Twin bottomed pits'. Ref: Wessex Charters (Finberg).     SU 624 395
1620 24
Previous page (Volume 6, Page 325) Previous page (Volume 6, Page 325) Next page (Volume 6, Page 327) Next page (Volume 6, Page 327)