Hampshire Treasures

Volume 7 ( Havant)

Page 41 - Emsworth

Previous page (Volume 7, Page 40) Previous page (Volume 7, Page 40) Next page (Volume 7, Page 43) Next page (Volume 7, Page 43)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Group F - Historical or Literary Associations
Building
C.18
The Quay Mill. One of the earlier tide mills in Hampshire. Ceased to be used as a mill some 50 years ago.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 748 055
1109 59
Building
C.18
No. 44-48-50, North Street, (The Old Poor House). The original poor house of the parish of Warblington until 1839 when it was sold. From 1834-1839 it had been 'The Old Folks Home' of the Havant Union.     SU 748 061
1109 78
Building
C.18
St. Peters Chapel, St. Peters Square. A Chapel of Ease built 1789 which ceased to be used for worship when St. James Church was built in the 1830s. Now forms part of office development.     C.A.
SU 749 057
1109 54
Shipyard (Site)
C.18
Rear of No. 19, King Street. Small vessels, coasters, and barges, were built here for almost a century. The two slipways were either side of the Old Mill.     C.A.
SU 751 055
1109 41
Building
C.19
Westminster Works, Nile Street. Originally a Congregational Chapel built circa 1810 by a certain Olivia Holloway who is said to have preached there dressed all in white. The Holloways were local farmers.     C.A.
SU 748 057
1109 64
Previous page (Volume 7, Page 40) Previous page (Volume 7, Page 40) Next page (Volume 7, Page 43) Next page (Volume 7, Page 43)