Hampshire Treasures

Volume 7 ( Havant)

Page 79 - Purbrook

Previous page (Volume 7, Page 77) Previous page (Volume 7, Page 77) Next page (Volume 7, Page 81) Next page (Volume 7, Page 81)

Purbrook, a residential area, lies to the south of Waterlooville and is believed to have derived its name from 'Puck Brook' (Brook of the water sprite), the only free water in the area.

The Church of St. John the Baptist was built in 1843 but, due to a disagreement with the Lord of the Manor, was not consecrated until 1858.

This area also includes Crookhorn where the existence of Roman occupation in the vicinity has recently been revealed.

Please use "Next page" to see Hampshire Treasures entries for Purbrook.

Previous page (Volume 7, Page 77) Previous page (Volume 7, Page 77) Next page (Volume 7, Page 81) Next page (Volume 7, Page 81)