Hampshire Treasures

Volume 7 ( Havant)

Page 85 - Purbrook

Previous page (Volume 7, Page 84) Previous page (Volume 7, Page 84) Next page (Volume 7, Page 87) Next page (Volume 7, Page 87)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
House
Fir Lodge, No. 44, Stakes Road. Built by Squire Deverell circa 1850 as a private church during the period of his quarrel with the clergy over the building of St. John the Baptist Church. There are stained glass windows in the north east wall.     SU 676 078
1107 32
Cottage
April Cottage, Stakes Road. Built 1844 by Squire Deverell to provide a school for the children of Purbrook. Became a Reading Room in 1853 when the new school was built. Now a private dwelling.     SU 674 080
1107 14
Previous page (Volume 7, Page 84) Previous page (Volume 7, Page 84) Next page (Volume 7, Page 87) Next page (Volume 7, Page 87)