Hampshire Treasures

Volume 8 ( Test Valley North)

Page 16 - Amport

Previous page (Volume 8, Page 15) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 15) Next page (Volume 8, Page 17) Next page (Volume 8, Page 17)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Farmhouse
C.17/18
Sarson Farm House. Recast in C.19. 2 storeys, plastered on ground floor, limewashed brick above. Ridge slate roof, hipped at one end and brought down as pentice to rear.     C.A.
SU 310 445
1702 46
Building
C.17/18
Amport Firs. Originally a 2-storeyed farmhouse, with two dormers. 3-storeyed facade added in C.18, with a doric columned central porch.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 301 442
1702 02
Farmhouse
C.18
Manor Farm, East Cholderton. 2 storeys, lime- washed brick, plinth and band. Ridge slate roof. Casement windows. Gabled brick porch.     C.A.
SU 298 452
1702 24
Cottage
C.18
Willow Cottage, The Green. Limewashed flint and brick. Date on front 1711 with initials 'R.S.'. One of a row of limewashed cottages bordering the village green.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 303 442
1702 11
Cottage
C.18/19
Broadwater. Restored. Flint and red brick in bands. Long ridge thatched roof with eaves raised over four upper windows. Part pentice to rear with 2-storey projection.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 304 444
1702 17
Cottage
C.19
Rose Cottage. 2 storeys, Iimewashed plaster walls. Slate roof. Sash windows. Central trelIis porch.     C.A.
SU 307 445
1702 33
Cottages (4)
C.19
Nos. 1-4, Mount Pleasant. Limewashed and rendered chalk walls. Long ridge thatched roof, hipped at either end. Formerly Sarsen Cottage.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 309 446
1702 43
Cottages (6)
C.19
The Almshouses. 2 storeys, colourwashed brick walls. Long ridge tiled roof. Plain case- ments. Inscribed centre pediment. Plain boarded doors.     T. & C.P. Act
C.A.
SU 302 442
1702 04
Building
C.19
Church of England School. Red brick structure with interesting pailadian decorative features and bell turret.     C.A.
SU 302 442
1702 72
Farmhouse
C.19
The Old Farm. 2 storeys, brick and flint with colourwashed brick frontage. Low pitched slate roof. Sash windows.     C.A.
SU 303 442
1702 05
House
C.19
Amport House. Built 1857 by the 14th Marquis of Winchester. Grey brick with stone dressings. Symmetrical south front. Slate roof. Terraces and gatepiers designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens in 1923. Ref: Buildings of England; Hants. and I.O.W., (Pevsner & Lloyd), p.79.     C.A.
SU 297 441
1702 66
Lodge and Gateway
C.19
East Lodge, Amport House. Grey brick with stone dressings and chimneys. Ornamental bargeboards on porch and roof gables. Winchester family coat- of-arms carved in stone inset in wall. Gateway of fine ornamental stone pillars and wrought iron gates.     C.A.
SU 301 442
1702 69
Previous page (Volume 8, Page 15) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 15) Next page (Volume 8, Page 17) Next page (Volume 8, Page 17)