Hampshire Treasures

Volume 8 ( Test Valley North)

Page 58 - Barton Stacey

Previous page (Volume 8, Page 57) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 57) Next page (Volume 8, Page 59) Next page (Volume 8, Page 59)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
River Cottage, Newton Stacey. Plaster on chalk cob. Roof of concrete tiles. Three casements on ground floor. Flat boarded porch. Restored. Originally a hall cottage.     SU 409 407
1704 11
Farm Building
North of Manor Farm House. Large weather-boarded barn on brick base. Roof part thatched, part tiled. Possibly C.18.     SU 410 404
1704 10
Cottage
Rupert Cottage, Newton Stacey. Restored. Plaster on chalk cob. Roof of concrete tiles with eaves raised over three upper windows. Plain casements on ground floor. Thatched porch entrance at side.     SU 410 403
1704 08
Monument
Stump of mediaeval cross on south-east corner of All Saints churchyard wall. Made of Lower Ooiite limestone from Lanthony Abbey, Gloucestershire, to which the rectory of Barton Stacey belonged from C.13-C.16. O.S.A. No.SU44 SW4. Ref: V.C.H., Vol. 4, p.417     SU 434 410
1704 19
Cottage
Wheat Cottage. Red brick and flint in bands. Thatched roof with eaves raised over three upper windows. Casement windows on ground floor. 2-storey extension added at north end in 1981, of red brick with flint bands, and black matt tile cladding on north side and thatched roof.     SU 435 413
1704 02
Farmhouse
Newton Down Farm, Newton Stacey. Plastered walls with wide plinth. Roof of concrete tiles with eaves raised over two upper windows.     SU 420 390
1704 12
House
Old School House. 2 storeys, red and blue brick facade. Central semi-circular and two flanking rectangular casements on first floor. Enclosed porch with rounded hood between two tiled semi-hexagonal bays.     SU 435 410
1704 22
Previous page (Volume 8, Page 57) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 57) Next page (Volume 8, Page 59) Next page (Volume 8, Page 59)