Hampshire Treasures

Volume 8 ( Test Valley North)

Page 215 - Thruxton

Previous page (Volume 8, Page 214) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 214) Next page (Volume 8, Page 217) Next page (Volume 8, Page 217)

Thruxton is well-known for its motor racing circuit. This was formerly a war-time airfield which was sold by the Air Ministry in 1959.

The church of St Peter and St Paul contains the brass of Sir John de Lisle, dating from 1407.

The design is often reproduced commercially.

Please use "Next page" to see Hampshire Treasures entries for Thruxton.

Previous page (Volume 8, Page 214) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 214) Next page (Volume 8, Page 217) Next page (Volume 8, Page 217)