Hampshire Treasures

Volume 8 ( Test Valley North)

Page 221 - Thruxton

Previous page (Volume 8, Page 220) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 220) Next page (Volume 8, Page 223) Next page (Volume 8, Page 223)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottage
Southville. Small thatched cottage with chalk and brick walls.     SU 290 455
1723 12
Cottages (2)
AshwelI Cottage and Curlew Cottage. 2 storeys, rendered chalk walls. Thatched roof, casement windows. Modernised.     SU 290 455
1723 13
Cottage
The Old Forge. 2 storeys with single storey side projection, limewashed chalk, flint and brick walls with some exposed light timber-framing. Thatched roof. The former forge is now incorporated as a room into the cottage.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 290 455
1723 15
Building
Bray Cottage. Once the village shop, 2 storeys, rendered chalk walls. Three small casement windows. Thatched roof.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 291 455
1723 16
Cottage
Bridge Cottage. Small L-shaped thatched cottage. Rendered chalk walls, with timber- framing exposed in side gable. Thatched and weatherboarded outbuilding to rear.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 291 455
1723 17
Cottage
Clovelly. A flint, brick and chalk cottage with thatched roof.     SU 291 456
1723 18
Cottage
George Cottage. Chalk and brick structure, colourwashed white. Thatched roof. Once two cottages. Modernised.     SU 292 456
1723 20
Building
Garage to George Inn. A long narrow building lining the road. Rendered chalk walls and thatched roof.     SU 292 456
1723 20
Cottage
Yew Tree Cottage. Situated at right angles to the road. Chalk, flint and brick construction, colourwashed white. Thatched roof. Modernised.     SU 294 456
1723 22
Cottages (2)
Robins Roost and Forge Cottage. Flint and brick with some exposed timber-framing. Thatched roof.     SU 291 456
1723 23
Cottage
Yew Tree Cottage. Colourwashed and rendered over chalk. Thatched roof, and thatched porch. Modernised.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 290 456
1723 27
Group E - Street Patterns, Street Furniture and Open Spaces
Open Space
The Village Green. Situated in the heart of the village, originally known as Glebe Field, acquired by the villagers in 1978. Surrounded by many tall mature trees, many of which are situated in the grounds of the rectory.     SU 290 455
1723 44
Previous page (Volume 8, Page 220) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 220) Next page (Volume 8, Page 223) Next page (Volume 8, Page 223)