Hampshire Treasures

Volume 8 ( Test Valley North)

Page 227 - Upper Clatford

Previous page (Volume 8, Page 226) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 226) Next page (Volume 8, Page 228) Next page (Volume 8, Page 228)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Farmhouse
C.18
Bury Hill Farm. 2 storeys. Red brick with blue headers. Ridge tiled roof with two hipped dormers. 2-gabled facade at side with modern tiled porch.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 352 439
1724 10
House
C.19
Clatford Lodge, Anna Valley. Stuccoed walls. Elaborate iron trellis and canopied verandah on principal facade. Originally called Trafalgar House and built for the owners of the Waterloo Iron Works nearby. Ref: Buildings of England; Hants and I.O.W., (Pevsner & Lloyd), p.631.     SU 345 441
1724 27
House
The Moorings. 2 storeys with single storey wing to right. Yellow plastered walls. Thatched roof. Restored.     SU 354 437
1724 18
Cottage
Chalfont Cottage. White plastered over part timber-framed and cement block walls. Slate roof. 2-storey extension to rear. Original fireplace remains.     SU 354 437
1724 19
Cottages (2)
Bendles Farm Cottages. Brick range with uneven thatched roof brought down in centre to form small porch which is now bricked up. Exposed timber-framing on side gable.     SU 354 438
1724 20
Cottage
Garden Cottage. Restored thatched dwelling at right angles to road. Front towards garden has three upper windows. Modern lattice casements. Part pentice to rear.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 353 438
1724 07
Cottage
Old Oaks. Restored thatched cottage. Rough-cast with exposed light timber work. Two upper windows and casement. Centre slate-roofed porch.     SU 353 438
1724 22
Cottage
Knapp Cottage. Restored thatched cottage. Ground floor brick. First floor has exposed vertical framing with bracing and plaster infilling. Extension at rear. Possibly C.17.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 353 439
1724 08
Cottage
No. 134. Restored thatched cottage at right angles to road. Plastered walls. Thatched porch.     SU 353 439
1724 23
Cottage
April Cottage. Single storey. Timber-framed with thatched roof. Wooden casements. Boarded porch.     SU 350 440
1724 25
House
C.19
The Old Malt House. Brick and flint structure. Slate roof. Relics of stones on which barley was dried can be found in the garden.     SU 354 438
1724 33
Buildings
C.19
Waterloo Iron Works. Built by Taskers for the production of agricultural implements and later for the renowned traction engines. Originally water power was used to drive the machinery.     SU 343 440
1724 40
Previous page (Volume 8, Page 226) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 226) Next page (Volume 8, Page 228) Next page (Volume 8, Page 228)