Hampshire Treasures

Volume 8 ( Test Valley North)

Page 228 - Upper Clatford

Previous page (Volume 8, Page 227) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 227) Next page (Volume 8, Page 229) Next page (Volume 8, Page 229)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Farm Buildings
Norman Court. Large range of restored farm buildings and stabling, surrounding courtyard. Large barn, once thatched, possibly C.18. Garden wall, formerly thatched, now tiled.     SU 359 433
1724 12
Cottage
Reed Cottage. Creamwashed cement walls. Thatched roof. Lattice casements.     SU 355 436
1724 14
Cottage
Hope Cottage. Plastered walls with timber-framing exposed at front. Slate roof.     SU 355 436
1724 15
Cottage
The Old Forge. Limewashed brick, partly plastered. Thatched roof. Old casements and sashes. One upper window.     SU 355 436
1724 16
Building
The Post Office and Stores. Long low thatched range at right angles to road. Plastered walls with exposed timber-framing. Roof brought down as part pentice at back.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 354 437
1724 05
Inn
The Crook and Shears. Part single storey, part 2-storey. Plastered and painted, with tarred plinth. Stepped thatched roof. L-shaped with low projecting wing to rear.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 354 437
1724 06
Lodge
East of Waterloo Iron Works. Classical structure of unusual design. Stuccoed walls. Centre attic storey over arched carriageway, flanked by single storey pavillions with small 'Gothic' casements set in rusticated flint surround.     SU 346 439
1724 28
House
St. Vincents, Salisbury Road. 2 storeys. Stuccoed walls. Low pitched slate roof. Sash windows. Cast iron trellis verandah. Interior contains staircase with elaborate iron balustrade.     SU 346 442
1724 29
House
Brookside, Anna Valley. Brick built Regency style house. Completely restored in 1979. Originally built by the owners of the Waterloo Iron Works.     SU 342 439
1724 30
Bridge
Adjacent Fishing Cottage. Small cast iron bridge over the River Ann. Consists of two flat spans with ornamental trellis arches. Cast at the Waterloo Iron Works which is situated within the parish. Completely restored and repaired in 1979.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 358 434
1724 26
Previous page (Volume 8, Page 227) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 227) Next page (Volume 8, Page 229) Next page (Volume 8, Page 229)