Hampshire Treasures

Volume 8 ( Test Valley North)

Page 249 - Wherwell

Previous page (Volume 8, Page 248) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 248) Next volume (Volume 9, Page 1) Next volume (Volume 9, Page 1)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Group F - Historical or Literary Associations
Railway Buildings
The line was originally part of the L. and S.W. Railway, there was a station at Fullerton Junction, which has now been completely dismantled and is overgrown. The only remaining buildings at Wherwell Station are the ticket office, waiting room and Station Master's House, which have been converted into private dwellings, Nos. 5 and 6 Chant Close. Grid references given locate the site of Fullerton Junction and Nos. 5 and 6, Chant Close.     SU 381 392
1726 103
Railway Bridges (3)
Fullerton (1) and Wherwell (2). Iron framed bridges supported on brick piers which carried the roads over the railway line. Located at gird references given.     SU 381 399
1726 74
Water Meadow System
Wherwell. Sluices and ditches still remain in the meadows adjacent to the River Test.     SU 389 405
1726 85
Previous page (Volume 8, Page 248) Previous page (Volume 8, Page 248) Next volume (Volume 9, Page 1) Next volume (Volume 9, Page 1)