Hampshire Treasures

Volume 9 ( Test Valley South)

Page 15 - Braishfield

Previous page (Volume 9, Page 14) Previous page (Volume 9, Page 14) Next page (Volume 9, Page 17) Next page (Volume 9, Page 17)

Situated four miles north of Romsey and adjacent to Ampfield parish: area 705 hectares, population 588 in 1981. The scattered village of Braishfield lies on several minor roads, and there are many outlying farmsteads and houses throughout the parish. No main roads, railways or canals traverse the parish, so communications are dependent on a network of unclassified roads and a maze of footpaths and bridleways. The countryside is excellent farming land, as can be seen by the number and distribution of farmhouses: there are several small areas of woodland giving the scenery a pastoral quality.

Braishfield Manor is an early Georgian brick house with a hipped roof, and the parish church of All Saints was designed by the architect William Butterfield and built of brick in 1855.

Please use "Next page" to see Hampshire Treasures entries for Braishfield.

Previous page (Volume 9, Page 14) Previous page (Volume 9, Page 14) Next page (Volume 9, Page 17) Next page (Volume 9, Page 17)