Hampshire Treasures

Volume 9 ( Test Valley South)

Page 96 - Mottisfont

Previous page (Volume 9, Page 95) Previous page (Volume 9, Page 95) Next page (Volume 9, Page 97) Next page (Volume 9, Page 97)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Lodges (2)
Mottisfont Abbey, West and East Lodges. Flint and brick structures, with old tile roofs, and leaded light windows. Central doors recessed in archways. Later brick extensions.     SU 324 269
2519 28
Ice House
Mottisfont Abbey. Brick structure approximately 12ft. deep, with domed roof above ground level. Sunken path leading to entrance, which is now covered with an iron grille. Cleaned and renovated in recent years.     SU 326 271
2519 17
Ice House
Church Lane. Brick and stone structure situated in a hollow.     SU 326 266
2519 27
Canal (disused)
Part of the Southampton to Salisbury canal runs across the southern part of the parish. It was begun in 1796 but never completed, the banks and water-course are still visible.     SU 315 259
2519 29
Previous page (Volume 9, Page 95) Previous page (Volume 9, Page 95) Next page (Volume 9, Page 97) Next page (Volume 9, Page 97)