Hampshire Treasures

Volume 9 ( Test Valley South)

Page 139 - Romsey

Previous page (Volume 9, Page 138) Previous page (Volume 9, Page 138) Next page (Volume 9, Page 140) Next page (Volume 9, Page 140)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
St. Clements Close
No. 89, St. Clements. 2 storeys, stuccoed, with hipped slate roof, much altered. South front has two 2-storey segmental bays with sash window on first floor and French casement on ground floor. Modern door in centre, formerly under a balcony, now only the floor remains, modern window replaces former door onto the balcony.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 352 217
1400 02
Station Road
Houses (3)
Nos. 11 -15. Red brick, 2 storeys with slate roof, formerly a public house. Nos. 11 and 15 have two windows to each floor, No. 13 has one. Nos. 11 and 15 have wooden boarded doors in slightly segmental arches, and No. 13 has panelled door in reveals with flat hood over. Some timber-framing visible in west wall.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 353 213
1400 221
The County Library, formerly the National School. Built 1871 by Nesfield, L-shaped red brick building with single storey south wing. Gabled porch at south end with bell turret above. 2-storey north wing with tile hung first floor and east-facing gable.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 354 214
1400 222
Southampton Road
Gunville Gatehouse. 3-bay single storey, brick toilhouse with projecting hexagonal central bay, red tile roof. Observation windows and doorway with wooden porch in projecting bay. White painted cross hatching to rectangular windows.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 359 210
1400 228
Winchester Hill
Chirk Lodge. Stuccoed house of 2 storeys and attic, slate hipped roof with two flat-roofed dormers. Sash windows, central doorway has panelled door in panelled reveals, doorcase has pilasters with frieze and flat hood. Extension to north west.     T. & C.P. Act
SU 363 215
1400 235
Previous page (Volume 9, Page 138) Previous page (Volume 9, Page 138) Next page (Volume 9, Page 140) Next page (Volume 9, Page 140)