Hampshire Treasures

Volume 10 ( Fareham)

Page 20 - Fareham

Previous page (Volume 10, Page 19) Previous page (Volume 10, Page 19) Next page (Volume 10, Page 21) Next page (Volume 10, Page 21)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Park Lane
House
C.19
Northwood House. White brick building with hipped slate roof, two storeys, sash windows, curved bay on south front. Porch with Doric columns.     T&CP Act
SU 575 066
0702 100
House
C.18/19
Uplands. The original eastern portion of this house was built circa 1780 by Samuel Jellicoe, the great grandfather of Admiral Jellicoe. The westward extensions, in the same style, were added circa 1840. The house is built in white brick with hipped slate roof, two storeys. The nine windows have Venetian shutters. Entrance porch has couped Tuscan columns, cornice and parapet. Panelled door surmounted by semi-circular fanlight. At the entrance the gate piers are of knapped flint with white brick quoins, set on small stone plinths surmounted by rendered caps with ball finials.     T&CP Act
SU 575 073
0702 149
Lodge
C.19
No. 67. Single storey lodge to Uplands, painted brick with tiled roof, coped Flemish gable ends. The chimney stacks are cylindrical with decorative patterns. Casement windows with latticed leaded glazing and two-gabled oriel windows facing south     T&CP Act
SU 576 074
0702 150
Pooks Lane
Farmhouse
C.18/19
North Fareham Farmhouse. Main facade of two storeys, built of red brick incorporating grey headers, with large steeply pitched old tiled roof, with catslide to ground floor level at rear. Single storey extension with old tiled hipped roof to rear.     T&CP Act
SU 583 079
0702 161
Portchester Road
Railway Viaduct
C.19
Red brick with white brick string-course, parapet with stone coping. Seven round-headed arches to the north-east, wide skewed arch spans Cams Hill, then two narrower blocked arches, followed by eight round-headed arches over the Cams. Circa 1848.     T&CP Act
SU 587 062
0702 93
Quay Street
Railway Viaduct
C.19
Red brick with string course and coped parapet. Eastern section consists of four arches and skewed arch across Quay Street. Western section has seven arches. Circa 1848.     T&CP Act
CA
SU 579 059
0702 160
Spurlings Lane
Cottage
C.19
Greenhill Cottage. Originally a pair of cottages. Two storeys built of coursed flint with red brick quoins and windows dressings, slate roof. Three window facade, the end bays advanced under gables, central door.     T&CP Act
SU 589 074
0702 146
Previous page (Volume 10, Page 19) Previous page (Volume 10, Page 19) Next page (Volume 10, Page 21) Next page (Volume 10, Page 21)